The bedroom is the most important room in your home, according to feng shui. It is where you spend most of your time, where you rest and recharge, and where you connect with your partner. Therefore, it is essential to create a bedroom that supports your well-being, happiness, and harmony in 2024.
Feng shui is an ancient Chinese art of arranging your environment to optimize the flow of energy, or chi. By applying feng shui principles to your bedroom, you can enhance the quality of your sleep, improve your health, and attract more love and abundance into your life.
In this article, we will show you how to design a feng shui bedroom that suits your personal style and needs. We will cover topics such as choosing the best colors, materials, and accessories for your bedroom, finding the optimal bed position and direction, and incorporating elements that promote relaxation and romance.
Whether you want to create a cozy and comfortable space, a sleek and modern space, or a luxurious and elegant space, you can find inspiration and guidance in this article. So, let’s get started on creating your dream bedroom for 2024!
This are some ideas about what feng shui objects you could recommend people to put in the bedroom to have luck in 2024, the year of the wooden dragon. Feng shui is a Chinese system of harmonizing the environment by arranging objects and colors according to the principles of yin and yang and the five elements. The wooden dragon is a symbol of strength, courage, and creativity, and it is associated with the element of wood and the direction of east.
7 Feng Shui Objects that can Enhance the Energy of the Wooden Dragon and Bring Luck to the Bedroom in 2024
Wooden or metal objects:
Wood is the element of the dragon, and metal is its ally. Wooden or metal objects can create a harmonious balance between these two elements and support the growth and prosperity of the dragon. Some examples of wooden or metal objects are picture frames, lamps, clocks, or statues.
Spring green and imperial yellow colors:
These are the lucky colors for the year of the wooden dragon, as they represent the elements of wood and earth. Spring green is a fresh and vibrant color that symbolizes new beginnings and growth, while imperial yellow is a rich and royal color that symbolizes power and wealth.
Dragon figurines or images:
The dragon is the most auspicious animal in Chinese culture, and it is believed to bring good luck, protection, and success to those who honor it. You can place a dragon figurine or image in the east sector of your bedroom, which is the direction of the dragon, to activate its positive energy. You can also wear a dragon accessory, such as a bracelet or a ring, to attract its blessings.
Feng Shui Crystal Lotus Flower:
This is a beautiful and elegant ornament that symbolizes purity, enlightenment, and harmony. The lotus flower is one of the eight auspicious symbols of Buddhism, and it can enhance the positive energy of any space. You can place it in the center of your bedroom to create a peaceful and serene atmosphere.
Feng Shui Bagua Mirror:
This is a powerful tool that can protect your home from negative forces and harmful influences. The bagua mirror is a octagonal-shaped mirror that has eight trigrams of the I Ching around it. It can reflect and deflect any bad energy that comes from outside your home. You can hang it above your bedroom door or window to ward off any evil spirits or bad luck.
Feng Shui Dragon Turtle:
This is a mythical creature that combines the features of a dragon and a turtle. The dragon represents power, courage, and success, while the turtle represents longevity, stability, and support. The dragon turtle can bring you good fortune, wealth, and career advancement. You can place it on your desk or bedside table to activate its beneficial effects.
Feng Shui Crystal Ball:
This is a simple and elegant accessory that can enhance the flow of chi in your bedroom. The crystal ball can refract and disperse light, creating a rainbow effect that can brighten up your space. It can also attract positive energy and clear away any negativity or stagnation. You can hang it near your window or lamp to create a sparkling and soothing ambiance.
Powerful Feng Shui Advices for Bedroom
1. The ideal choice for setting the bedroom is to pick the farthest room from the main entry door of the house. Subconsciously, this will induce a feeling of safety, stability, and protection.
The worst place for having the bedroom is next to the main door. However, we need to be realistic because sometimes there’s not much choice. However, if you don’t have this option, consider the other tips and make the most of your space.
2. Place a money tree plant in the corner of your bedroom to prevent the stagnation of energy in that very corner.
If you want to improve your relationship with your partner, choose pink and red – these colors will contribute to your love life. Don’t forget that these colors can be used only as minimal accents; intense colors such as red, orange, or yellow are primarily associated with Yang and can be too stimulating for the bedroom.
3. If you are not involved in a relationship but wish to be, you can decorate your bedroom as if you were already involved in a relationship.
Place nightstands and lamps on both sides of the bed. Use pairs of accessories and make sure everything is symmetrical.
If you don’t live by yourself, consider the bed as an altar of love by placing on the nightstand objects like a couple of pictures, a pair of candles, and a plant with round leaves. Don’t forget to add a few pink or red accessories around the bed to encourage romance. And use the power of Mandarin ducks – the ultimate love symbol in Feng Shui.
Avoid at all costs sleeping with your feet towards the door. In the Chinese traditional culture, this is called the “death position” because the deceased are carried out with their feet facing the door
The Feng Shui practitioners consider that sleeping in this position can drain the vital life force. If you cannot avoid this, you should use a bed with a feet board or a piece of furniture placed in front of the bed.
Leave enough space around the bed to facilitate the free flow of energy so you can quickly get out of bed.
Always use curved lines, nor corners, because the sharp corners of the bedroom furniture are considered “poisoned arrows,” which direct the positive energy away from you, creating a restless atmosphere. To avoid this and to achieve a flowing effect, decorate the corners with fabric.
4. Clutter in your bedroom hinders the free flow of Chi. However, don’t try to solve this problem by hiding everything under the bed because this will only block the energy and cause your life stagnation.
Give some thought to the objects you keep in the bedroom and remove any elements related to work and all the things that have anything to do with memories that would better be forgotten; for example, gifts from past relationships.
5. To achieve a warm and pleasant ambiance, paint the bedroom walls in neutral colors, like cream or peach; light blue, green, and lavender invoke healing energy. Also, check which are the year’s lucky colors and use shades of these colors to decorate your bedroom. Use similar colors for the furniture and the walls. Feng Shui doesn’t allow major contrasts in the color design. This unbalances the energies in the bedroom.
6. Remove objects like TV, fitness equipment, and computer because they tend to absorb a lot of energy, and they can distract you from getting rest or having some romantic moments.
Few books on the nightstand can encourage Zen; however, if you have a bedroom full of bookcases that need to be read, they can also sidetrack you from getting rest. If you want to have these elements in your bedroom, the best idea is to use a screen to hide them while you sleep.
7. Place the bed as far as possible from the door and avoid a straight line position. Don’t place it under a window because it would lack the symbolical protection of a solid wall, and it might cause tormented sleep due to the energy that flows in and out of the window. Invest in a headboard because it offers good support for the head.
Don’t place the bed in the corner of the room because is bad feng shui. To obtain the best bed positioning for wealth, in feng shui, we follow the concept of command position. You would like your bed to be positioned so that you can view the bedroom entrance when you lie in bed. Still, you don’t want to be in straight alignment with the door, either. A straightforward guideline is setting the bed diagonal to the door.
8. Place art pieces or objects in the bedroom representing the Year of the Dragon.
9. Avoid placing the mirror on the opposite side, next to or above the bed. This will reflect the energy in the entire room, not allow you to enjoy a pleasant rest, and will intensify all your problems and worries.
The mirrors from the bedroom are considered an invitation for a third person to interfere in your relationship with your partner. The only way to avoid this is to place decorative objects in front of such a mirror, covering them up when you go to bed.
It is also believed that mirrors should be covered at night to prevent misfortune. Mirrors are believed to increase the energy of the person sleeping in that room. If your energy is positive, then this positive force will increase. Conversely, if you possess bad vibes, this too will increase.
10. Illumination is a critical factor in Feng Shui. Use blinders that can be easily opened in the morning to allow in the natural daylight and easily closed at night to block the darkness from outside.
Thoroughly clean your windows to brighten a dark bedroom naturally. Such advice is so self-evident yet often overlooked. Like if you wear sunglasses with spots on them, a bedroom with smudged windows will feel messy and restrict viewability. Grab a proper window washer and clean the windows – both inside and outside. You’ll instantly appreciate the refreshed sensation that accompanies this, and you’ll be amazed at how much daylight your room can bring in.
Don’t put a lamp over your head, above the bed. It is not good Feng Shui. Put lamps with delicate light, which allows you to read properly, right next to the bed, on your bed tables or drawers.
11. Don’t use water symbols in the bedroom
Water in the master bedroom is a feng shui fable. Refrain from displaying water pictures or having a water element, such as a fountain or aquarium, in the bedroom. If you wish to include a water feature, it is probably wise to do so in the bathroom.
12. If you are sharing your bedroom with someone else and suffer from light sleep – consider putting carpets all over the bedroom. This will reduce the noise of your partner’s footsteps if he/she wakes up in the middle of the night and decides to go to the kitchen or the bathroom—that way, you won’t find yourself waking up without any chance to sleep again. Feng Shui is helpful for people who suffer from insomnia.
13. Don’t keep stuff under your bed. This is not a very good Feng Shui idea. Could you put them in the closet or in big drawers? Keeping stuff under your bed prevents energy from circling you and the furniture.
14. Don’t use sharp shapes in your design. Let there be wide angles. For instance, your windows may be in the shape of an arch. This will decrease the number of angles.
15. Put a few candles. You can even put a red one, especially if you share your bed with someone else. Let the candles be with a lovely, relaxing scent.
16. If you want to attract wealth into your bedroom, you must keep an important Feng shui principle in mind. While facing towards the entrance to your bedroom, the furthest left back corner is the wealth area of your bedroom. Include some of these elements to energize the area of wealth in your bedroom:
- Integrate purple decorations, paintings or furniture
- Add vibrant green plants because they will boost your good fortune