How To Feng Shui Your Bedroom in 2023
In order to have a harmonious bedroom with a beneficial influence on other aspects of your life, you can use the following 10 Feng Shui principles.
In 2023, to counteract the influence of Feng Shui Bad Luck Star, place in your bedroom one or more of the following remedies:
10 Powerful Feng Shui Advices for Bedroom
1. The ideal choice for setting the bedroom is to pick the farthest room from the main entry door of the house. Subconsciously, this will induce a feeling of safety, stability, and protection.
The worst place for having the bedroom is next to the main door, however, we need to be realistic because sometimes there’s really not much of a choice. However, if you don’t have this option, take into consideration the other tips and make the most of the space you have.
2. Place a money tree plant in a corner of your bedroom to prevent the stagnation of energy in that very corner.
|Crystal Tree with Adventurine and Healing Properties||Aventurine is said to be The Luckiest Crystal of all, Manifesting Prosperity and Wealth.||See It|
|Natural Rose Quartz Mandarin Ducks Feng Shui Crystal Love Birds||symbolize happiness, conjugal fidelity. It signifies the happy togetherness of the marriage and strengthen your current relationship||See It|
If you want to improve your relationship with your partner, choose pink and red – these colors will contribute to your love life. Don’t forget that these colors can be used only as minimal accents; strong colors as red, orange, or yellow are mostly associated with Yang and can be too stimulating for the bedroom.
3. If you are not involved in a relationship, but you wish to be, you can decorate your bedroom as if you were already involved in a relationship.
Place nightstands and lamps on both sides of the bed. Use pairs of accessories and make sure everything is symmetrical.
If you don’t live by yourself, consider the bed as an altar of love by placing on the nightstand objects like a couple of pictures, a pair of candles, and a plant with round leaves. Don’t forget to add a few pink or red accessories around the bed to encourage romance. And use the power of Mandarin ducks – the ultimate love symbol in Feng Shui.
Avoid at all costs sleeping with your feet towards the door. In the Chinese traditional culture, this is called the “death position” because the deceased are carried out with their feet facing the door
The Feng Shui practitioners consider that sleeping in this position can drain the vital life force. If you have no way of avoiding this, you should use a bed that has a feet board or a piece of furniture placed in from of the bed.
Leave enough space around the bed to facilitate the free flow of energy and so you can easily get out of bed.
Always use curved lines, nor corners, because the sharp corners of the bedroom furniture are considered “poisoned arrows” which direct the positive energy away from you, creating a restless atmosphere. To avoid this and to achieve a flowing effect, decorate the corners with fabric.
4. Clutter in your bedroom hinders the free flow of Chi. However, don’t try to solve this problem by hiding everything under the bed because this will only block the energy and will cause stagnation in your life.
Give some thought to the objects you keep in the bedroom and remove any elements related to work and all the things that have anything to do with past memories that would better be forgotten; for example, gifts from past relationships.
5. In order to achieve a warm and pleasant ambiance, paint the bedroom walls in neutral colors, like cream or peach; light blue, green, and lavender are colors that invoke healing energy. Also, check which are the lucky colors of the year and use shades of these colors to decorate your bedroom. Use similar colors for the furniture and the walls. Feng Shui doesn’t allow major contrasts in the color design. This unbalances the energies in the bedroom.
6. Remove objects like TV, fitness equipment and computer because they tend to absorb a lot of energy and they can distract you from getting rest or from having some romantic moments.
Few books placed on the nightstand can encourage Zen, however, if you have a bedroom full of bookcases that need to be read, they can also sidetrack you from getting rest. If you really want to have these elements in your bedroom, the best idea is to use a screen to hide them while you sleep.
7. Place the bed as far as possible from the door and avoid a straight line position with it. Don’t place it under a window because it would lack the symbolical protection of a solid wall and it might cause a tormented sleep, due to the energy that flows in and out of the window. Invest in a headboard because it offers good support for the head.
Don’t place the bed in the corner of the room, because is bad feng shui. To obtain the best bed positioning for wealth, in feng shui, we follow the concept of command position. You would like your bed to be positioned so that when you lie in bed, you can actually view the bedroom entrance. Still, you don’t want to be in straight alignment with the door either. A really simple guideline is to set the bed at a diagonal to the door.
8. Place in the bedroom art pieces or various objects representing the Year of the Rabbit.
9. Avoid placing the mirror on the opposite side, next to or above the bed. This will reflect the energy in the entire room, it will not allow you to enjoy a pleasant rest and it will intensify all your problems and worries.
The mirrors from the bedroom are considered an invitation for a third person to interfere in your relationship with your partner. The only way to avoid this is to place decorative objects in front of such a mirror, covering them up when you go to bed.
It is also believed that mirrors should be covered at night to prevent misfortune. Mirrors are believed to increase the energy of the person sleeping in that room. If your energy is positive, then this positive force will increase. Conversely, if you possess bad vibes, this too will increase.
10. Illumination is a very important factor in Feng Shui. Use blinders that can be easily opened in the morning to allow in the natural daylight and easily closed at night to block the darkness from outside.
Thoroughly clean your windows to naturally brighten a dark bedroom. Such advice is so self-evident yet oftentimes overlooked. Just like if you wear sunglasses with spots on them, a bedroom with smudged windows will feel messy and restrict viewability. Grab a proper window washer and clean the windows – both inside and outside. You’ll instantly appreciate the refreshed sensation that accompanies this and you’ll be amazed at how much daylight your room was able to bring in.
Don’t put a lamp over your head, above the bed. It is not Feng Shui like. Put lamps with delicate light, which allows you to read properly right next to the bed, on your bed tables or drawers.
11. Don’t use water symbols in the bedroom
Water in the master bedroom is a feng shui fable. Refrain from displaying water pictures or having a water element such as a fountain or aquarium in the bedroom. If you do wish to include a water feature, it is probably wise to do so in the bathroom.
12. If you are sharing your bedroom with someone else and you also suffer from light sleep – consider putting carpets all over the bedroom. This will reduce the noise of the footsteps of your partner if he/she wakes up in the middle of the night and decides to go to the kitchen or the bathroom. That way you won’t find yourself woken up and without any chance to go to sleep again. Feng Shui is helpful for people, who suffer from insomnia.
13. Don’t keep stuff under your bed. This is not a very good Feng Shui idea. Put them in the closet, or in big drawers. Keeping stuff under your bed prevents the energies from circling around you and the furniture.
14. Don’t use sharp shapes in your design. Let there be wide angles. For instance, your windows may be in the shape of an arch. This will decrease the number of angles.
15. Put a few candles. You can put even a red one, especially if you are sharing your bed with someone else. Let the candles be with a nice, relaxing scent.
16. If you want to attract wealth into your bedroom, then you need to keep in mind an important Feng shui principle. While facing towards the entrance to your bedroom, the furthest left back corner is the wealth area of your bedroom. Include some of these elements to energize the area of wealth in your bedroom:
- Integrate purple decorations, paintings or furniture
- Add vibrant green plants because they will boost your good fortune