Regardless of where you work, be assured that the energy flux needs to be ideal if you want your business to prosper. Whether you’re in a tiny cubical or big corner office, walking a sales floor all day, or in an art studio, you can use the principles of feng shui to enhance your efficiency. Not only can this ancient art help you perform your own tasks, but it can also positively affect your customers.
The Chinese believe that the proper placement of furniture and other items in a room produces or promotes the flow of various types of energy—this energy—which the Chinese call ‘chi’—has a powerful impact on our lives. Feng shui has become quite popular in interior decorating to ensure a home is filled with happiness, prosperity, good luck, and love. But homes are not the only place that benefits from the principles of feng shui—businesses do as well.
Use Feng Shui elements at home and at the office to decorate and attract the universe’s harmonious energies.
This philosophy and, for over 2000 years old technique has been used by the Chinese to improve the quality of their lives.
As per the Chinese horoscope 2023, on Sunday, 22 January, we enter the year of the Water Rabbit. During the Year of the Rabbit, to benefit and attract career success, use one or more of the following Feng Shui objects:
The Frog is Associated with Success in Business and Career
The Money Frog, commonly made out of metal, can be placed on the northern side of the office and it is said to have a beneficial influence on those who run a business or earn extra income from commissions and bonuses.
The Amethyst Quartz Gem Stone Money Tree – Beneficial for Getting a Promotion
Since ancient times, the wise Chinese believed that amethyst, a purple crystal, can facilitate professional relationships with superiors, as well as with field experts.
It is recommended to place a tree made out of amethyst stones in the office, where it can balance the energies between colleagues and leaders, which, at the right time, will lead to a promotion.
Carry I-Ching Coins in the Wallet
The Chinese people consider that you can attract luck and prosperity in your career by using money, just not any money, but I-Ching coins. These are round coins with a square cut out in the center, linked together with a red silk thread.
These tiny coins can be carried in a wallet or connected to a phone after the latest fashion trend. The most important thing is to carry them with you, especially if you work in retail or sales, to bring you luck.
Dragon Horse – A Creature for Ambitious People
This statue, usually made out of bronze, which represents a mythical creature, a combination between horse and dragon, is a lucky object for those ambitious.
For those who are going through a tense period in their career and want a better position, it is advisable to place this statue in their office.
The Red Chinese Rooster – Another Beneficial Element for Career
The Golden Rooster or the Red Rooster is a lucky element for those who want to obtain a promotion.
On the other hand, it is beneficial when placed in the office because it balances the energies, it improves communication and it helps to establish new contacts and relationships.
Chinese people like to decorate it with lucky coins and place them on the north or south side of the office.
Feng Shui Tips for Office in 2023
Are you stressed at work, no longer able to cope, or are you facing a mental block? Are you lacking energy, and the relationships with your colleagues are tense, in short, are you no longer feeling well at work?
Have you ever thought about using Feng Shui? Feng Shui is a Chinese art that teaches us how to harmonize the vital energies from a specific place, using small arrangements in order to ensure health, well-being, and prosperity.
By applying Feng Shui techniques at work, we can help relieve stress and facilitate harmonious relationships between the members of a team, improve creativity, focus, and productivity and eliminate negative energies.
All these can be obtained if you set up your office according to the Feng Shui principles, and we can help you by offering you a few Feng Shui tips.
When designing your office, try to use the five Feng Shui elements: wood, fire, earth, metal, and water. A metallic decor detail, wooden stationery objects, plants, an aquarium, etc.
The first stage in designing your Feng Shui office is to get rid of all the clutter that stays in your way, in short – to clean.
- Don’t place stacks of files on the floor.
- Don’t place too many objects on the shelves or top of the closet.
- Tidy up inside the closets and drawers.
- Fix or throw away everything that is no longer functioning.
- Organize all the documents sitting on your desk.
- Throw away all post-it notes that are no longer valid.
- Throw away all the bottles and soda cans, and wash the dirty coffee cups.
- Remove the dust.
- Throw away the garbage bag every evening.
Clutter has a profound effect on your emotional state and well-being. A clean, organized office brings vital energy and facilitates inspiration, concentration, and creativity.
Your ideas are going to be much clearer, your energy and vitality will be restored, and you are going to be more relaxed and calm and less affected by stress.
Make the Entryway Inviting
When you have a business, you want to attract customers. The best way to do this is to create a warm and welcoming feel at the entrance of your store. It should be clean and exciting to look at.
Try to avoid clutter at the entryway; you don’t want to bombard people with tables full of items or sloppy stacks of goods. Make sure it has an open, spacious feel.
Red is great for the entryway if you’re trying to choose your paint color. Not only is it visually stimulating, but it also catches the eye of passers-by.
Consider the Air and Light
Before you even start arranging furniture or decorating, think about the air and the light in a room. Clean air is important because it makes people feel fresher and lighter in spirit. Avoid noisy air filters, though—that white noise in the background can lead to stress and tension. Instead, get some plants known to purify the air, such as Boston fern, English ivy, or Ficus Alii.
A well-lit room brightens moods and spirits. Whenever possible, let it be natural light. Keep windows uncovered; if you have some privacy or shade, opt for sheer window treatments. If you can remodel your building, a skylight is ideal.
Nix the Mirrors Whenever Possible
Mirrors are not a good item to put around a business. They can reflect the bad energy of people coming through who are experiencing negative emotions or volatile thoughts. This is the energy you don’t need in your business unless—of course—you’re a mirror salesperson.
Even if you sell apparel and your customers want to see their reflection, try to put the mirrors in a separate dressing room away from the general public.
Feng Shui Desk Office Orientation in 2023
The orientation of your desk is one of the most important things when designing your office. To adhere to the Feng Shui principles, set your desk in the power place far from the room entry door, diagonally, or with the back at the wall.
- The desk should not be placed with the back at the window or door because it makes you vulnerable and it creates an anxious feeling. You must see who is coming in and watch whatever danger is entering your office. If you can’t place your desk in this manner, make sure you have a high-back chair that can protect you.
- Don’t place the desk close to the door so you don’t get distracted.
- It should be the furthest from the door if you work in retail and have a cash register and counter rather than a desk, where you conduct most of your business. This brings the most potent energies, putting you in control when meeting with co-workers, clients, and employees. Never face your desk or cash register toward the nearest wall—it impedes the flow of fortune.
- Avoid placing the desk facing the wall; you will work more efficiently and be able to focus better. If you have no choice, place a picture of nature on the wall – a landscape, the ocean…
- Your frontal space must be free to facilitate opportunities.
- If you have to share the space with someone else, avoid a back-to-back or front-to-front position. These two positions tend to create conflicts. If you can’t avoid this, offset the desk a bit or set a barrier by placing a plant or a picture.
- If you work in an open space, is important to have partition walls because, in a too-open space, the energy tends to evaporate. Try to demarcate the space between you and your colleagues.
What Objects and Images to Use to Feng Shui Your Office in 2023
Every object from your office influences you. When surrounded by inspiring images and objects, you create a favorable environment for achieving your goals.
Place pictures, slogans, and images symbolizing your goals. Pick furniture and accessories that inspire prosperity, abundance, and success.
The best place for the computer is on the right side of the desk, while on the left side, above, it is best to set a lamp.
Behind the desk, hang a mountain painting without the sharp peaks, and in front of it, an aquatic life painting because water symbolizes wealth and prosperity.
To set a dynamic atmosphere in the office, set the right objects in the right places, with the help of a compass, as follows:
- phone, agenda, computer, and business cards to the west or north-west, to facilitate external contacts and to improve your career;
- pictures with relatives to the west or east;
- lamps must be set to the south to illuminate your prospects
- to improve your relationships with your colleagues, place plants to the east.
Feng Shui Colors for Office
The office needs to have light, relaxing colors. The recommended colors are beige, sand color, light gray, and light yellow.
These are not the only colors used for the interior design of workplaces. Dark colors are also used but is recommended to mix them with light, delicate tones. Bright colors tend to unnerve the body and spirit.
- Yellow: promotes optimism and hope, helps concentration and attention, and stimulates the intellect.
- Green represents growth, vitality, and abundance.
- Blue is the characteristic color of reliability and security, increasing creativity.
- Black promotes introspection and opens up new horizons.
- Brown: Sustains and strengthens the body but doesn’t stimulate the spirit.
- White: Energizes the spirit and the mental focus but wears out the body.
- Gray: Stimulates concentration but is exhausting for the body.
Feng Shui Plants for Office
In Feng Shui art, it is recommended to place green plants in the office. They are valuable for health and work conditions because they bring positive energies and increase creative work and productivity.
The best plant for the office is bamboo because it brings luck. Place the plants from east to southeast. Avoid cactuses, bonsai, and sharp-edged leaves plants.