According to the art of Feng Shui and the Chinese calendar, choosing the right date to start a new business or start working can have a significant impact on success.
In the following lines, we reveal the most promising dates for starting a job or business in 2024, as well as the most suitable days to travel during the 15-day CNY celebrations.
By understanding these principles, you can leverage the positive forces of this energetic year to set you on the path to prosperity.
How the Chinese Calendar Differs from the Gregorian Calendar
Understanding the Chinese calendar is crucial for choosing auspicious dates in 2024. It’s quite different from the Gregorian calendar that most of us use:
- The Gregorian calendar follows the sun (solar year), while the Chinese calendar follows the moon (lunar year). The Chinese calendar is about 10-12 days shorter.
- The Chinese calendar uses zodiac animals (like the Year of the Dragon in 2024) in a 12-year cycle, while the Gregorian calendar has months and weeks.
- Chinese months vary in length, and their days don’t always start at midnight like in the Gregorian calendar.
- The Chinese New Year varies yearly and is based on the lunar cycle. In 2024, it starts on February 10th.
The Luckiest Days to Begin Work or Start a Business After CNY 2024
Selecting the perfect day to re-start work or launch a new business venture in the Year of the Dragon ensures a prosperous year ahead.
After the Chinese New Year (CNY) celebrations in 2024, some dates are considered exceptionally auspicious. If you cannot align your plans with these specific dates, it’s advisable to select an average day.
Whenever possible, try to avoid starting on a day that conflicts with your Chinese zodiac sign. Here’s a list of the best days to kickstart your work or business, along with their corresponding Gregorian calendar dates:
- 6th Day of Chinese New Year (February 16th, 2024 / Clash Animal Dragon): This day carries the energy of unity and harmony, making it an excellent choice for launching new projects. It symbolizes a smooth start with the support of positive forces.
- 8th Day of Chinese New Year (February 18th, 2024 / Clash Animal – Horse ): The number 8 is associated with wealth and prosperity in Chinese culture. Starting work on this day is believed to invite financial success and good fortune.
- 10th Day of Chinese New Year (February 20th, 2024 / Clash Animal Monkey – Horse )
- The 10th day represents completeness and perfection. It’s an ideal day to begin work, ensuring a well-rounded and successful journey.
- 12th Day of Chinese New Year (February 22nd, 2024 / Clash Animal Dog ): This date symbolizes stability and solid foundations. Initiating work on the 12th day can lay the groundwork for a resilient and prosperous enterprise.
These dates are highly regarded within the Chinese calendar and are believed to be charged with positive energies and opportunities for success. However, if you need a different date than these dates, choosing an average day is still a good option.
The Best Days to Travel During the 15 Days of Chinese New Year 2024
During the 15-day celebration of Chinese New Year, travel takes on special significance, and choosing an auspicious day can bring protection and success.
Here’s a list of the best days for travel during this festive season, along with their corresponding Gregorian calendar dates:
- 7th Day of Chinese New Year (Saturday): February 17th, 2024
- 8th Day of Chinese New Year (Sunday): February 18th, 2024
- 10th Day of Chinese New Year (Tuesday): February 20th, 2024
- 11th Day of Chinese New Year (Wednesday): February 21st, 2024
- 12th Day of Chinese New Year (Thursday): February 22nd, 2024
These days are considered auspicious for travel during the Chinese New Year celebrations, and they are believed to offer protection and positive energies. Whether you’re visiting family, exploring new destinations, or embarking on business trips, choosing one of these days can enhance the overall experience.
Auspicious Activities to Carry Out During CNY 2024
Chinese New Year, also known as the Spring Festival, is a time of renewal and celebration. Involving yourself in these traditional customs and practices during this period will bring luck, prosperity, and happiness during the Year of the Dragon. Consider these auspicious activities:
- Red Envelopes (Hongbao): Giving Hongbao with money to children, relatives, and employees symbolizes blessings and prosperity.
- Reunion Dinner: Sharing a special meal with family on New Year’s Eve strengthens bonds and is considered auspicious.
- Cleaning and Decorating: Cleaning your home to sweep away bad luck and decorating with red lanterns and paintings attracts happiness and prosperity.
- Firecrackers and Fireworks: These ward off evil spirits and invite good luck. Follow local regulations for safety.
- Ancestor Worship: Paying respects to ancestors for blessings and guidance is a common practice.
- Visiting Temples: Praying for blessings and seeking divine guidance in temples and pagodas.
- Wearing Red: Red signifies good luck and wearing red clothing or accessories attracts positive energy. Also for an even bigger dose of luck, you can consider the lucky color 2024, according to the Chinese zodiac.
- Oranges: Giving and receiving oranges symbolizes goodwill and prosperity.
- Dragon and Lion Dances: These performances chase away evil spirits and bring good luck.